Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Adieu, summer

For the past few weeks, I've been living in some denial that another winter is upon us, choosing to believe, instead, that there is still just a little bit of pleasant weather left. But as I made my way home in pitch dark this evening, I realized that it was time to let it go. Last weekend, we tucked the kayaks into their winter home, and next season, more specifically the next paddling trip to Georgian Bay, seems a long way off.

In a salute to summer '09, I offer this highlight: the season's most pleasant nap, snapped by Amy after a long ride around Pelee Island on a hot Labour Day weekend:

That was preceded a couple months earlier by another afternoon of hot action, this one after a long paddle to the Foster Island region of Georgian Bay:

Sigh.

No comments: