Thursday, June 28, 2007

Domesticity

To the untrained eye, this looks like a very professional tradesperson at work. But it isn't. It is, in fact, me helping my friend David put a deck on the back of his swanky little house in Toronto.

I know little of carpentry , it turns out, but I like to think of myself as a hard worker. David, on the other hand, just finished a carpentry course at George Brown College and has a killer eye for detail -- to the point that the deck is measured and leveled, I would bet, down to the width of a human hair. He also gives instructions in a very clear, deliberate manner. This is very important.

The deck has since gone on to near completion, and is now at the point where David is shopping for the chairs and tables that will grace it. I got the satisfaction of helping out.

And I supplied a drill.

No comments: