Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Game on?

I am going to Ottawa this weekend. Such a trip is a bit of a low-level adventure, I realize, but with the way this winter has gone (good for blogs and manuscripts, not so much for winter fun), I'm probably a bit more excited about it than normal.

Along with millions of others, one of the things I like to do when I'm in the capital is lace up the ol' blades and take a scoot down the Rideau Canal, or as the National Capital Commission has sexily repackaged it, The Rideau Canal Skateway.

But with a mild winter that has left things, well, slushy, it looks like the Skateway might be something of a dream this time. Still, I keep one eye on the NCC's web site, particularly the handy and interestingly spelled "Ice-O-Metre" pictured here.

I'll be packing the hockey skates and the itchy wool socks, just in case.

No comments: